Broseley C of E Primary School
Dark Lane, Broseley
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
Working week Monday – Friday, 30 hours per week term time only.
Weekly wage £111.00
Expected Apprentice Duration 12 Months
Broseley C of E Primary is a successful and friendly school situated on the edge of the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site. As a voluntary controlled Church of England school, we have close links with our local parish church and the wider community.
The school was built in 1967. The building has been substantially renovated in recent years and the school environment is of a very high standard throughout. The grounds of the school are extensive and include an area of mature woodland, which has been developed for Forest School use. Reception and Key Stage One pupils use this site weekly. There are hard surface play areas for both KS1 and KS2, two activity trails, large playing fields and a multi-use games area.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate to work within a Primary School as a Teaching Assistant. Candidates will gain a broad range of classroom experience and work towards a Level 2 Support Teaching and Learning qualification. As an apprentice teaching assistant you will provide support for the pupils, teachers, curriculum and school. The main duties of the post are varied and will alter as the apprentice develops in the work environment to reflect the gains in experience and knowledge (please see job description for further details).
The successful applicant will: -
- Be aged 16 plus years and eligible to study for a qualification through the Apprenticeship scheme
- Have a commitment to achieving your relevant qualification and attend college as and when required
- Have a willingness to be punctual and flexible within your working environment
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment and standards to provide a quality service
- Be enthusiastic, willing to learn, to work hard and be a positive team member
- Be willing to abide by Shropshire Councils employment policies
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English and mathematics
- Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
As part of the Support Teaching and Learning apprenticeship, the successful applicant will need to attend an induction session plus a literacy/numeracy diagnostic at a County Training centre.
You will also attend up to 20 college sessions. These include Functional Skills, Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and theory work to support the practical element of the qualification.
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Herefordshire and Ludlow College
For an application pack, please either contact:
Mrs Nikki Venables (Business Manager) on 01952 567630
E-mail – email@example.com
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the website www.broseleyprimary.co.uk
Closing date: Friday 11TH January
We would advise all prospective candidates to visit the school
Broseley C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification; Identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community irrespective of ethnicity and gender. Please let us know if you have a disability and you are likely to require any special facilities or equipment for the job or the interview, or need help completing the application form.